Tuesday, October 3, 2023

🟠🟠🟠 Dolly Parton and the University of Tennessee - A Mash-Up You Didn't Know You Needed! 🟠🟠🟠

My Blog Post Title Hi Everyone, 


Dolly Parton has announced a new line of mash-up shirts and tops inspired by Dolly and UT sports, the OG UT (University of Tennessee).

There are some that are Dolly in UT colors, an "I heart Dolly and the Vols'', "It's Great to be a Tennessee Vol'' with Dolly in orange, and many more styles.

You know, this is a lot of fun for me because I graduated from UT and obviously not low-key fascinated with Dolly (and Dollywood), for most of my years on earth. I don't doubt that I will see some of these shirts being worn around Dollywood.


This mash-up is being produced by a independent mother/daughter business that does impressive work and took off, so to speak. Here's what's on their website:

source:  About Us – shoplivylu



Let's check out what the current line of options look like for this first run.  Click to enlarge or head to their website for more information.






Turns out that this is Dolly's second UT-related announcement recently. 

 

Dolly announces an exclusive Vols Edition of her upcoming Rock album, Rockstar (November 17th, 2023), as a 2-CD set that includes a live version of Rocky Top!  

Awesome.  I watched her live at the Glastonbury Music Festival in the United Kingdom a few years ago and I remember wondering at the time how the British kids would react to Dolly's performance.  They were enthralled and hanging onto everything she said and sang.  So...I kind of wonder if that's the "live version'' that's included in this set?  It's possible, but Dolly was also on tour at the time of Glastonbury and Rocky Top was in every set list, so it could be from any place.





source:  my Chasing Rainbows Museum Video - cued up:  here - YOUTUBE



She sang Rocky Top in Switzerland :)


source:  my Chasing Rainbows Museum Video - cued up:  here - YOUTUBE


So, there you have it folks.  Dolly Parton's latest line of merchandise is University of Tennessee-related, and there is a lot of overlap between fans of Dolly and UT in East Tennessee. Go Vols!


No comments:

Post a Comment

PRIVACY POLICY FOR WHATSUPATDOLLYWOOD - BLOGGY VLOG

Privacy Policy Last updated: May 16, 2024 This Privacy Policy describes Our policies and procedures on the collection, use and discl...