Monday, December 5, 2022

Dolly Parton News - Details on her Rock Album!

My Blog Post Title

Hi Everyone, Dolly Parton has revealed some interesting details about her forthcoming Rock album, set to be released in the fall of 2023, and titled "Rock Star".  Ultimateclassicrock.com has the scoop!

Dolly Parton Says Steve Perry Will Sing on Her Upcoming Rock LP (ultimateclassicrock.com)


Dolly Parton said Steve Perry will appear as a guest on her upcoming rock album.

Earlier this year, the country legend said if she was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, she would begin work on an album of rock music. "I’m not expecting that I’ll get in," she said back in February, "but if I do, I'll immediately, next year, have to put out a great rock 'n' roll album – which I've wanted to do for years, like a Linda Ronstadt or Heart kind of thing. So this may have been just a God-wink for me to go ahead and do that."



Parton was inducted this past weekend, and at the ceremony, she revealed some of the artists she's invited to collaborate with her on the album, including Perry, who she said will be singing with her on a cover of Journey's "Open Arms."

"If Dolly says it’s true, then it must be true," Perry posted on social media. "Her voice is amazing!"

👄

👄


Parton also mentioned Steven Tyler and said she'll be doing "Elton John's song," though she didn't clarify a specific title or whether John would be singing with her.

"Hopefully, I’m gonna just ask all the girls and the guys to sing with me," Parton said, noting that she has been personally reaching out to artists instead of doing so through her management or publicist. "I send a message myself because I figure they don't need to get that through somebody else. ... I'm excited to do it, I really am. I think it's gonna be a good album."




Ultimateclassicrock.com doesn't stop there.  Continue reading further....

Source: https://ultimateclassicrock.com


Dolly Parton has revealed a few more details about her upcoming rock album, which she decided to make after being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame earlier this year.

She’s previously said that former Journey singer Steve Perry would be heard on the LP and that she was aiming to have Robert Plant and Jimmy Page guest on a new cover of Led Zeppelin classic "Stairway to Heaven." In a recent appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (video below), she unveiled the record's title and said it would also include songs by Prince, the Rolling Stones and Lynyrd Skynyrd, along with some original pieces.

🦋🦋





"I'm a rock star now – that's what they say!" Parton laughed. "That was such an honor. You know, I'm making an album too because I have to live up to all that hype. Honestly, I was sincere – I didn't mean to start any controversy, but when they said they wanted to put me in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, I always thought that was for people who spent their whole life working to be in rock 'n' roll. You don't see Led Zeppelin in the Country Music Hall of Fame...although they could!"


But she added: "I found out it was more than that. So, when I realized what it was, I said if they put me in anyway, I would certainly accept it gracefully. Which I did; I even wrote a song about it to kinda tell the story about it."


Saying she was "very honored" and "very proud," she continued: "I'd always thought I might want to do a rock record, because my husband is a rock 'n' roll freak. I thought, 'If I'm ever gonna do it, now's the time. It's gonna come out next fall, and you know what I'm calling it: Rock Star… I am going to have some cameo people...we're gonna have some great iconic songs like 'Purple Rain,' '(Can't Get No) Satisfaction,' 'Stairway to Heaven,' 'Free Bird.'"


It sure sounds like her album is shaping up to be exciting.   Her first cover of Stairway to Heaven is so unique, but if you can collaborate with Led Zepplin, then who knows what they'll come up with, although the odds are pretty good it will be amazing.  If you're a kid of the 80's you might remember Devo's version of, I Can't Get No Satisfaction, which has nothing to do with Dolly, but that song is really open to wild interpretation and could go any type of way.  I love it when Dolly covers other artists songs as she puts her Dolly-spin on it, and more often than not turns out to be something completely different than the original.




No comments:

Post a Comment

PRIVACY POLICY FOR WHATSUPATDOLLYWOOD - BLOGGY VLOG

Privacy Policy Last updated: May 16, 2024 This Privacy Policy describes Our policies and procedures on the collection, use and discl...