Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Natalie Grant Duet with Dolly Parton, singing an Annie Lennox written song, popularized by Whitney Houston!

My Blog Post Title
Hi Everyone, This duet was released in early August of 2023 and I wanted to share it with you all.

I think if you liked the Whitney Version, you'll like or love this one too.  Whitney's version of Step by Step appears on the Preacher's Wife Soundtrack from 1996, if you couldn't remember, like me.  Annie Lennox wrote this song as a B-side to her 1992 single Precious.

Natalie Grant had this to say about Step by Step:
“In 1996, ‘Step By Step’ is a song I would blast on cassette in my beat up Volkswagen Golf as I drove to my job at Medicare,” shares Grant. “The dream when I moved to Nashville was music, not Medicare, but I had to do what was necessary to keep going. This song was my reminder to keep putting one foot in front of the other. If you would’ve told me then that one day, I would not only be recording this song, but doing it with an international icon, I never ever would’ve believed it. I still can’t believe it.”




Some fellow vloggers - Adventures That Rock - were lucky enough to be in the audience at Dollywood this past spring when Natalie Grant was performing, and she was joined on-stage by none other than Dolly herself!  Check their video out below.



If you're curious - Here's Annie Lennox's version of Step by Step, Then Whitney's version below that.







No comments:

Post a Comment

PRIVACY POLICY FOR WHATSUPATDOLLYWOOD - BLOGGY VLOG

Privacy Policy Last updated: May 16, 2024 This Privacy Policy describes Our policies and procedures on the collection, use and discl...