Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Dollywood Insiders: Behind the Scenes: Getting Mystery Mine Ready for the Day

My Blog Post Title

 Hi Everyone,

I came across this great article for all you ride enthusiasts, who, like me, are always eager to learn more about how rides work.  The more that I learned about functionality, safety systems, etc, mostly as a teenager, my fears about flying off the tracks (lol) subsided. In the 1980's we obviously didn't have the internet to learn from, so back then I just had to figure it out or ask nerdy questions of the ride ops... mostly they did not know what I was asking. Also lol.


This is from the Dollywood Insiders Group and here’s the source - right here.  I hope you enjoy it. But Wait, There's More!! Go to the article to watch a video related to this story!


Behind the Scenes: Getting Mystery Mine Ready for the Day - Dollywood Insiders



Behind the Scenes: Getting Mystery Mine Ready for the Day

By Jeremy Daniels - Dollywood Insider

My uncle Gordon worked for Dollywood in the 1990s as a member of the rides’ maintenance crew. For many years, the reason my family was able to visit the park was because of the complimentary tickets my uncle gave us. It was on those trips that I fell in love with Dollywood. The sights, sounds and smells that take me right back to my childhood still exist in the park today.


I recently had the opportunity to go behind the scenes of Mystery Mine with Caleb (a rides’ maintenance host) for an up-close look at how the attraction is inspected and tested each morning.


The maintenance team ensures everything is operating as it should every day: they walk and inspect the track, meticulously comb through each ride vehicle and test operation software and mechanics. Needless to say, ride mechanics arrive several hours before the park opens. Dollywood’s rides’ maintenance hosts have the authority to keep attractions closed until they are comfortable that it meets all standards set by the manufacturer.


I went into this experience expecting to get a glimpse at what few have seen, but I left with confidence in the safety of each ride at Dollywood. These unsung heroes of the theme park world are often overlooked, and I just want to say thanks. My life has been greatly influenced by one a Dollywood rides’ maintenance host, and he would be proud of the team that continues the great work today.


By Jeremy Daniels| September 9th, 2022

Dont forget to go to the article to watch the related video - Video Here 


No comments:

Post a Comment

PRIVACY POLICY FOR WHATSUPATDOLLYWOOD - BLOGGY VLOG

Privacy Policy Last updated: May 16, 2024 This Privacy Policy describes Our policies and procedures on the collection, use and discl...